My lovely friend Camilla – a qualified doctor, married to an Australian and living the Aussie life right now – is also a FABULOUS cook! Recently she started her new blog F E A S T – and let me tell you, there are some amazing recipes being shared!
Camilla Smith Fowler’s gorgeous new blog FEAST
Calorie-free, most of the food is not, but wowzers does it look amazing! Please pop over to her blog to have a look-see – she posts all her recipes out with pictures too. I’ve included some of my favourites below – I think the peanut butter mousse hi hat cupcakes must seriously take the proverbial ‘baking cake’.
I now vow to be a little more adventurous with my cooking & baking from now on (I have a cool 5 minute chocolate microwave cake to share) – so here goes! 🙂
Peanut Butter Mousse Hi Hat Cupcakes
Chocolate Peppermint Pudding
7-hour Pork Shoulder
Mini Coconut Cupcakes
As it’s Friday (and it’s still cold and rather mis outsides still) – this post is dedicated to the best comfort food in the world – CHOCOLATE! Whether it’s cake, biscuits, croissants, mousse, pudding, cupcakes or plain old blocks – chocolate is still one of the best ‘little pleasures’ in the world 🙂
If you’ve got any great chocolate inspired recipes you’d like to share with the Good Girls Guide readers – please post as a comment below! Always looking for more ways to spoil ourselves, our husbands & boyfriends and our friends 🙂 Have a super weekend everyone! God bless x
all photos from Pinterest.
Eek! It’s been too long all you lovely Good Girls! Having returned from an awesome holiday in Africa and in Plettenberg Bay for a bit of a beach break, I took waaaay too long to get back into work, get my training program back on track (am doing The Argus Cycle Tour, 2 Oceans Half Marathon and 10km Valentines Day Trail Run all in the next few months) …which meant that my dear blog has suffered for attention.
Apologies! To make up for it, I’m sharing the yummiest recipe I’ve come across in a long time. Thanks to my darling friend Rebecca, wedding photographer extraordinaire from Love Made Visible who sent this link this fine morning – I’m now inspired to have a Chocolate Mousse and strawberries fest. Anyone for pink bubbles?
Enjoy Girlies, some more good posts coming SOON!
INSTANT CHOCOLATE MOUSSE (CHOCOLATE CHANTILLY)
Recipe by Herve This & Heston Blumenthal
- 9.35 ounces (265 grams) bittersweet (%70 cocoa solids) chocolate, chopped (preferably Valrhona Guanaja)
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 4 tbsp sugar, optional
- Place a large mixing bowl on top of another slightly smaller one, filled with ice and cold water (the bottom of the large bowl should touch the ice). Set aside.
- Put chocolate and water (also sugar and/or liquor if you’re using) in a medium-sized pan and melt the chocolate over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the mixing bowl sitting on top of ice and water, and start whisking with a wire whisk (or an electrical hand-held mixer) until thick. Watch the texture as you whip and make sure not to over-whip as it will make the mousse grainy. If the mousse becomes grainy (which is possible at your first try), transfer it back into the pan, reheat until half of it is melted, pour it back to the mixing bowl and whisk again briefly.
- Divide into four serving cups and serve immediately.