As we start the year, many of us will have ‘lose 5 kgs’, ‘get fit’, ‘tone up!’ or something similar at the top of our resolution lists. Well to kick it off in a fun way, I found a stunning (and easy) recipe for a yummy yet healthy dessert on the Pick’nPay recipe website.
Impress your friends with this yummy dish 🙂 Have a happy & healthy day…
ROASTED NECTARINES WITH VANILLA PISTACHIO YOGHURT
- 6 nectarines, halved and pitted
- 100 ml juice and grated peel of orange
- 80 ml agave nectar, plus extra for drizzling
- 50 grams pistachio nuts, shelled and roughly chopped
- 250 ml low fat vanilla yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Toss nectarines with orange juice and place cut-side up in a roasting tray.
- Sprinkle with grated orange peel and drizzle with agave nectar.
- Roast for 12-15 minutes or until heated through and caramelised.
- Scatter with pistachio nuts, dollop with yoghurt, drizzle with extra agave nectar and serve.
More good ideas:
- Swap nectarines with apple or pear wedges.
- Add a generous handful of berries for the last 5-8 minutes of baking.
- Agave nectar can be found in the health section at PnP. If it isn’t available use honey, though the GI won’t be as low.
- Want more yummy and easy to make meal ideas? Check out Pick’n Pay Featured Recipes