So. What I learnt this weekend (otherwise known as happy Monday musings):
1. a lit fireplace draws people in, creates actual and perceived warmth, makes red wine taste nicer and your dog lift her chin so she can get a little warmth on her chest. cute.
2. when the rugby is on, there’s not much else occupying your husband’s mind. Honestly. Just leave what you have to say/suggest/ask till the game is over (that includes post-match commentary)
3. when keen beans suggest an early morning run, don’t jump on the bandwagon because you know that it’s actually going to pour with rain in the morning and so it’s no point even setting an alarm and ruin your sleep. (guys you know who you are and I love you)
4. everyone needs to try skilpaadjies on the braai.
5. sometimes you just can’t connect. So stop trying and just let God…
6. it’s worth checking out your neighbourhoods and extended neighbourhoods a little. it’s also amazing the difference in culture, sounds, noise level, types of cars and sidewalk appeal. no kidding.
7. sleeping in is really worth it. best is getting out of your PJs and gown after 12pm.
8. reading a new book all the way through on a weekend means you have little to worry about, you have time to chill out and you are able to enjoy the preoccupation of a fictional world for 48 hours. bliss.
9. when you have a sudden urge for cheesecake, don’t go look at it over the edge of the counter at the shop. Rather get the ingredients and make one. if you have the time and the will, then go for baked.
10. give a little love. to everyone you know and life will be a better place. it really always is!